Please click on the link below to sign up for your child’s conference. This link will be active from November 1st-8th. Choose one time slot only. If you need to change your selection, contact your child's teacher instead of choosing another time slot. Your chosen time slot will be reserved for your Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 conferences. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0F4FADA92EA5F58-mrs33
Mrs. Soliman - Grade 3
Instructor: Mrs. Soliman
“Book Character in a Bag” Book Report
A “Book Character in a Bag” is a book report contained in a brown paper bag.
- Fictional book
- Paper bag
- Three index cards
- Three important objects/ illustrations (in case an object cannot be placed in the bag)
- Choose and read a fictional book.
- On the front of the paper bag, draw a detailed illustration of a main character.
- On the back of the paper bag, write your name, the title of the book, and the author.
- Choose three objects related to the character and write a paragraph for each, explaining the objects and their importance to the character. Be sure to include text evidence from the book.
*Make sure your index cards are written neatly. Check over your work to ensure you have complete sentences with capital letters, correct punctuation marks, and correct spelling.*
The completed book report is due on or before
Tuesday, March 31st, 2020.
Sandwich Book Report
For your book report you will choose a fictional story from the Media Center. After choosing your story, you will create a “sandwich” using the ingredients on the attached packet.
- Planning sheet → due Friday, 10/25
- Crayons, colored pencils, or crayons
- Paper Fastener
- “Sandwich” parts
- On your planning sheet, organize the story elements. The sheet should have the most important parts. It does not need to be in complete sentences. This is a rough draft.
- Once your planning sheet has been approved, start writing the information NEATLY and CAREFULLY onto the sandwich parts. Check over to ensure you
*write complete sentences with capital letters and the correct punctuation marks.
* use correct spelling
* color each ingredient the appropriate color without coloring over your words.
MORE INFO ON BACK→
Sandwich Book Report
- Characters- Write about a MAIN character in the story. Identify at least one specific trait about the character and provide an example.
- Setting (time and place)- Include when and where the story mostly takes place. Provide specific information.
Example: The story took place at school.
Instead try: The setting of the story took place at Bee Meadow School during September.
- Beginning- Summarize the main idea of the beginning of the story in 3-5 sentences.
- Middle- Summarize the main idea of the middle of the story in 3-5 sentences.
- End- Summarize the main idea of the end of the story in 3-5 sentences.
The book project is due
FRIDAY, November 1st.
Welcome to the wonderful world of third grade! I believe that what happens in this classroom will affect your child’s future. Your child’s time here will be well spent. He or she may even come home exhausted from all the thinking done during the day! I will make every minute count!
Social Studies Project
THE BIG IDEA
Communities are alike and different and are found all over the world.
- to compare and contrast communities found all over the world.
-to represent as many communities as possible with photos.
-Contact a friend or family member that lives in another state or country.
-Explain the Big Idea and our …
HomeworkSign all tests.MondayreadingRead The Extra Good Sunday
mathP-11.1Social StudiesStudyTest tomorrow- chapter 8TuesdayreadingRN 222Spelling test Fridaymath
Spelling test Fridaymath
P-11.3Social StudiesThursdayreadingWrite sentences for vocab 1-4Spelling test Fridaymath
P10.7doubles x worksheetdoubles quiz TuesdaySocial StudiesQuiz on Wed.