Mrs. Soliman - Grade 3
Instructor: Mrs. Soliman
Sandwich Book Report
For your book report you will choose a fictional story from the Media Center. After choosing your story, you will create a “sandwich” using the ingredients on the attached packet.
- Planning sheet → due Friday, 10/25
- Crayons, colored pencils, or crayons
- Paper Fastener
- “Sandwich” parts
- On your planning sheet, organize the story elements. The sheet should have the most important parts. It does not need to be in complete sentences. This is a rough draft.
- Once your planning sheet has been approved, start writing the information NEATLY and CAREFULLY onto the sandwich parts. Check over to ensure you
*write complete sentences with capital letters and the correct punctuation marks.
* use correct spelling
* color each ingredient the appropriate color without coloring over your words.
MORE INFO ON BACK→
Sandwich Book Report
- Characters- Write about a MAIN character in the story. Identify at least one specific trait about the character and provide an example.
- Setting (time and place)- Include when and where the story mostly takes place. Provide specific information.
Example: The story took place at school.
Instead try: The setting of the story took place at Bee Meadow School during September.
- Beginning- Summarize the main idea of the beginning of the story in 3-5 sentences.
- Middle- Summarize the main idea of the middle of the story in 3-5 sentences.
- End- Summarize the main idea of the end of the story in 3-5 sentences.
The book project is due
FRIDAY, November 1st.
Welcome to the wonderful world of third grade! I believe that what happens in this classroom will affect your child’s future. Your child’s time here will be well spent. He or she may even come home exhausted from all the thinking done during the day! I will make every minute count!
Social Studies Project
THE BIG IDEA
Communities are alike and different and are found all over the world.
- to compare and contrast communities found all over the world.
-to represent as many communities as possible with photos.
-Contact a friend or family member that lives in another state or country.
-Explain the Big Idea and our …
HomeworkSign all tests.MondayreadingmathSocial StudiesTuesdayreadingRNmathMath Facts Quiz on TuesdaySocial StudiesSocial Studies Vocab quiz October 10WednesdayreadingPut vocab words in sentences 1-4.Spelling test Wednesday
P-3.1Math Facts Quiz on TuesdaySocial StudiesThursdayreadingPut vocab words in sentences 5-8mathP-3.2Math Facts Quiz on TuesdaySocial Studies