Mrs. Clamser - Grade 1
My Contact Information
Bee Meadow School: 973-515-2419
First Graders Rock!
First grade is going to be an amzing, fun year filled with lots of learning and new adventures! It is an important year in building foundational reading and math fluency skills. The best way to help your child in this important year is to read and practice math facts at home.
Welcome to First Grade! It's going to be a productive year for your child.
- Please make sure your child's name is on their backpacks, jackets, sweatshirts, etc.
- We have physical education every Monday. Please make sure your child is wearing sneakers for physcial education.
- Your child may bring a healthly snack and drink for our morning snack break. Please make sure your child knows what he/she is to eat at snack time. Don't forget a drink for lunch (if you don't participate in the milk program).
- This year, first graders will be going outside for recess at 11:55 and will eat lunch at 12:20.
- Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for outside recess. Remember, sneakers are the best choice for playing on the playground.
- Your child will occassionally bring home their word book. Have your child read the words to you and sign the word book that night. Please make sure that this book is returned to school the next day. The children are NOT to write or draw in this book.
- Empty your child's folder every night. Talk with your child about the work that they bring home. Also, there will be important notes and information that you will need to be aware of.
Remember to call the school office if your child is going to be absent or late for school. Also, please call the office if your child's dismissal arrangements change during the school day. Do not email me with this information because the office needs to be notified and then they will notify me.
Related Arts Schedule
Monday: Physical Education (wear sneakers)
Tuesday: Media and Computer Lab (return books)
Wednesday: Media and Computer Lab (return books)
Math- A math sheet is usually sent home Monday through Thursday to reinforce the concepts taught in class.
Spelling- Superkids Spelling list and Backpack pages are sent home during the week.
Reading- Please read with your child nightly for at least fifteen minutes to practice fluency and retain current skills.