Welcome to Seventh Grade Language Arts & Reading!
About the Classes:
The focus of language arts instruction is to help you develop your reading, writing, speaking, and communication skills. We will do this by working on grammar, spelling, vocabulary, literature, and a variety of writing. With special units on poetry, debate, short stories, and research.
In semester reading, focuses of study will include novel studies, reading comprehension strategies, how to approach different genres of text, and making inferences and drawing conclusions based on textual clues. Our studies will also include how to respond to text in a variety of formats including multiple choice, short answer or open-ended responses, as well as through essays and projects.
I know that you will find this year challenging, rewarding, and enjoyable.
Please visit your Google Classroom for information specific to your class period.
About the Teacher: Mrs Dilatush
- This is my 22nd year teaching!
- Graduated High Point Univeristy as a middle grades education major
- Graduated The University of North Carolina, Greensboro with a master's degree in curriculum and Instruction with a focus in reading
- Graduated Monctlair State University with a master's degree in administration and supervison
- Achieved National Board certification
- Hold 3 NJ teaching licenses