Salem Drive School Health Office
Welcome to the Salem Drive Health Office!
Rosanna Mead, RN, BSN, CSN
Hours: 8:30am - 3:20pm
Office Telephone: 973-515-2442
absentee email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lori Wilczak, Secretarial Assistant
COVID-19 Concerns: CLICK HERE
Please feel free to contact me with your questions and concerns. The health and well-being of your child is important to us. Healthy children learn better!
Health Office Policies
Please Note the New Attendance Procedures:
Parents need to report student absences on our absentee line via email: email@example.com
The subject of your email should read: “LAST NAME and HOMEROOM” Attendance (For example -Camean KH - Attendance) In the body of the email, please include:
Your Child’s Name (first & last)
Your Child’s Homeroom Teacher
Reason for the Absence (be specific)
If your child normally attends HTSACC, follow their normal procedures
- Students who have been ill with a fever or vomiting should remain at home until symptom free for 24 hours.
- For more information on when to keep your child home, visit here
- Medications cannot be given to a child without a completed authorization form signed by the parent and the physician. This includes all prescription and over the counter medications.
- Students are not allowed to carry medication. A responsible adult should deliver the medications to the health office.
- Height, weight, blood pressure, vision, and hearing screenings are done annually. Parents will be notified if results fall outside the range of normal. We are still awaiting guidance from the NJDOE and NJDOH on how screenings will be performed for this school year.
- Scoliosis Screening are performed for the 4th and 5th grade students annually.
These forms need to be filled out annually for all student's with life threatening allergies requiring the treatment of Epinephrine. The forms include the Emergency Plan that needs to be filled out by Health Care Provider and the Parent/Guardian Authorization form.
These forms need to be filled out annually for all student's requiring an inhaler at school The forms include the Asthma Action Plan that needs to be filled out by Health Care Provider and if applicable the Authorization to Self-Administer form to be filled out by a parent/guardian.
This needs to be filled out by your child's Health Care Provider and signed by a parent/guardian before any medication may be administered at school. Be sure medication is properly labeled.
For 5th Grade Students Interested in Athletics at Memorial Junior School:
Click Here for required medical forms
Click Here for information regarding physical exam dates
*NOTE ALL INCOMING 6TH GRADE STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING NJ STATE MANDATED IMMUNIZATIONS:
- One dose of Tdap (Tetanus, diptheria, acellular pertussis) given no earlier than the 10th birthday.
- One dose of meningococcal-containing vaccine given on or after the 11th birthday.
If your child has already received any of these immunization, please submit records to the health office.