Have an upcoming project due? With 25 Macs and Chromebook carts available, the IMC offers print and digital resources. Stop in and see Ms. Fisher before or after school for a study hall pass. Use study hall time to get a jump start on your homework and projects or catch up on missed assignments! Take a look at the pathfinders and databases for reputable and vetted information.
- Type the name of a person, place or thing in "quotes". For example: "Prado Museum" will retrieve https://www.museodelprado.es/en as the first result, which is the Museum's website.
- Try Google News which has an option to search over 100 years’ worth of archived news from newspapers around the world.
- Limit your search results. Use the minus sign (-) operator to exclude results from a certain site (e.g., "Salvador Dali -site:Wikipedia.org"). You can also do this to refine the results when a word can mean more than one thing (e.g., "jaguar –car").
- Expand your search results. If there's only a range of dates, measurements, or other numbers you want to find, use two periods (..) to set that range, e.g., "manufacturing 1990..2001" or "travel ..$1000" (leave out one of the numbers to set a minimum or maximum).
- Click on "Search Tools" (at the top of the results) and you can filter by when the article was posted and if you want the search to come back with results that are verbatim.
- Use Google Scholar which provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites.
The Newton Public Schools has put together a great resource for questions and answers pertaining to copyright law.
Copyright Kids http://www.copyrightkids.org/
Includes copyright basics & FAQs, definitions, a copyright challenge quiz & more.
Copyright with Cyberbee http://www.cyberbee.com/cb_copyright.swf
Interactive questions and answers about copyright.
Q & A Beckercopyright.com http://beckercopyright.com/questions-and-answers/
Law and Education Consultant Gary Becker website. FAQs related to video, music, and multimedia.